The various levels of Membership and costs are explained below.
All Members become part of a very friendly like minded (in some ways at least) group.
Full Members get:
- playing rights to participate in pennant bowls within Victoria.
- the opportunity to play in any inter Club event, if selected;
- affiliation to Bowls Victoria, which gives them an invitation to any Bowling Club in Australia or overseas;
- a Yarra Junction Bowling Club shirt
- entry to any YJBC internal competition;
- a name badge (to be worn at all inter Club events);
- and everything that a Social Playing Member gets:
Social Members get:
- a Members’ Year Book (each year) with details of the match diary, members’ names, e mail addresses, and telephone numbers;
- bowls provided by The Club (for use at The Club) until the Member decide that they want to buy their own (new or second hand);
- a key to the gate of the Club (against a $20 deposit) so they may practise at any time (except of course during any external or internal competition or when The Green is closed, perhaps for Maintenance or bad weather);
- an invitation to take part in Social Bowls (usually Thursdays all year round, and Saturdays out of the Pennant season, both at 1230 for 1 p.m.);
- booklets about the basic, and the more advanced, features of Lawn Bowls;
- help from one of our coaches;
- entry to Indoor Bowls on Tuesday afternoons out of the Pennant Season.
- If still at school and under 18, pay no subscription but $5 Green fees may apply
Are always welcome at Club events and also at Indoor Bowls.
So, what does all this cost? Not much, really. The annual subscription (calculated pro rata if you join after the start of The Pennant season) depends on the level of Membership.
The membership fees for the 2020-21 season are:
Full Members $175
Social Members $55
In addition to membrship fees The Green Fee is charged for all social and pennant bowls (at home or away) and is just $5 (including tea and biscuits!) Practise is free.
For further enquiries, or to join Yarra Junction Bowling Club, please fill out the expression of interest form.